5 Gallon Pail treats 7,500 gallons of diesel fuel.
Platinum Plus® Technology
Experience emissions reduction with our fuel-borne catalyst technology.Platinum Plus® enables rapid conversion of particulate matter (PM) from diesel engines when coupled with a diesel particulate filter (DPF). It also improves combustion which acts to reduce engine-out emissions.
This FBC takes catalytic action into engine cylinders where it improves combustion - reducing particulates, unburned hydrocarbons (HC) and carbon monoxide (CO) emissions.
Platinum Plus® FBC lends itself to a wide range of enabling solutions, including: diesel particulate filtration, low emission biodiesel, carbon reduction and exhaust emissions reduction.
When used with emission control devices, Platinum Plus® technology offers the following advantages:
- Substantially reduces the amount of platinum required in catalytic devices
- Creates a more active FBC - enabling systems to operate at much lower temperatures
- Widens the range of applications for DPFs by providing full regeneration in difficult drive cycles
- Limits emissions of nitrogen dioxide (NO2), a gas traditionally increased by heavily catalysed conventional devices
- Improves soot conversion of emissions control devices - leading to increased soot reduction
- Increases service life and reliability of devices by replenishing catalytic activity and reducing the risk of uncontrolled regeneration
A case study on the use of Platinum Plus® technology with DPFs can be viewed here.